When you just want a quick snack, the best food requires no cooking/baking, few ingredients, and won’t have you in your kitchen more than 20 minutes.
These vegan protein bites are the answer.
No-bake bite-size sweets are the best to throw together because they’re fool-proof and extremely flavorful. I switch up the ingredients often so no batch is ever the same. However, this specific recipe is a staple because the combination of cinnamon + cloves + chocolate is just too good.
Side note: some of the bites were rolled in shredded coconut for this batch. This is not a necessary step – it’s all up to you! Get creative with it.
If you make these, let me know by tagging @amongtheflora, @ritamerino, or hashtagging #amongtheflora on Instagram. I would love to see your concoctions and/or variations.
- 1 cup pitted dates, (soak in water for 10 minutes, then drain)
- 1/4 cup vegan dark chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 3 tablespoons sunflower butter
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- generous dashes of cinnamon
- dash of cloves
- dash of salt
- Pulse the drained, soaked dates in a food processor or high-speed blender until they have broken into small pieces.
- Add chocolate, oats, hemp seeds, chia seeds and sunflower butter to the dates and pulse to combine. Do not over process.
- Transfer to a bowl, mix a little more with your hands, then start rolling into balls to mold them together. (Note: It helps to wet your hands slightly so it’s not too sticky. I personally wear food-safe latex gloves often since I like to share these, but you’ll still need to keep a small bowl of water to keep re-wetting your hands if you go this route too.)
- Transfer to a container and place in the refrigerator or freezer for 45 minutes. Or, enjoy right away! I can’t help but do a little of both.